Register
Hello There, Guest!

Welcome to Midgard-Inc! You can find the application form here, like really... just click this link...!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server costs
Hey folks,

I've been thinking quite some time before making this post. And I'd love to give a little inside information regarding the costs to keep midgard-inc running.
Like I always said, I enjoy running this website with my own spare money. However, I want to share a little insight of the price it costs to keep it up.

Former clan Department of Defence | 2011 - 2013 and Midgard-Inc | 2013 - future
That's been 6 years of renting a server. 
  • 2011-2013 I rented a server in the UK that costed roughly €15,99 euro every month. 
    That's a total of €383,76. 
  • 2013 I decided to move to a better data center due to the stability of the web and teamspeak server.
    This moved me to another host in the UK, it costed €20,00 every month for 3 years. That's another €720,00.
  • Right now I am hosting at a company located in The Netherlands with much better server quality and stability, it does cost €22,50 every month though. 
    Counting that with the last year and upcoming 2017 that's going to be another €540,00.
That's €1643,76 from 2011 to end 2017. 

Now like I said, I do enjoy hosting this, and I have a fulltime job, so I will not have to worry about not being able to pay anymore. However I am hoping I am not the only one who wants to support the hosting. 

There for I am going to start a way to let the community help fund the midgard-inc website and teamspeak server. 
Like the name says: Donating. This means you are free to help, but we also understand that not everyone can afford to help out.

I'd love to see if there are members in this community that want to help out by donating any amount of money towards the servers.  To give an example, any amount would be awesome. Do you want to donate €0.10? Awesome! 'Many Small Make A Great' if you wish to donate more, that's up to you! 

Donating can be done by sending your amount to infinito@midgard-inc.net through PayPal.

Or click:

[Image: 6-2-paypal-donate-button-png-file-thumb.png] 

PS:
All donators will get a special forum tag/rank, no matter what amount you donated :-)
[Image: 445b430fe8.png]
At the moment i'm investing in several events for the coming 2 weeks but after that i'll see what i can do. We got to keep Midgard Inc running eventually ;)
“Carrots are devine... You get a dozen for a dime, It's maaaa-gic!”
- Bugs Bunny
I fixed your forum rank btw :)
Donated a little something. Not much but it's a start eh :p
(20-03-2017, 03:23 PM)xxSWARMINATORxx Wrote: Donated a little something. Not much but it's a start eh :p

Thanks!
xxSWARMINATORxx likes this post